Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bay Head Clambake 2015 report

I woke up at 9am and saw the clear blue sky.
I got up and was excited to start the day. Chip picked me up at about 10:15.
When I got there my gear was in the spot ready to be set up. All I needed was a table which arrived barely 5 minutes upon request. WOW what service!
I got set up and played a jazz compilation at a low volume to start with. A woman working the raffle table insist I pick up the pace. I assured her I would soon.
I wanted to be considerate of folks who were just starting their day.
 The Sherman Brothers band arrived so I started to pick up the pace with some oldies.
When they ask me to cut the music so they could do a sound check I took the opportunity to use the bathroom and get a soda.
When they were ready to start I gave them an intro.
Soon after I fetched a burger and a beer.
The day went well. no drunken patron issues or equipment failures.
I got a few requests for reggae, which was cool.
I saw a few folks dancing too which always put a smile on my face.
To me it means I'm doing well and people are having fun!
Afterwards I wanted to party down myself but was mindful that it was a work night. feeling a natural buzz was great.
After a good day or night of DJing I get a natural buzz and want to celebrate with a few beers and sometimes I can't.. well I can but it would be the best choice.
I received many positive compliments which makes that natural buzz going!
  my next gig will be at BHS on sept 9. more on that when more detail become available!

No comments:

Post a Comment