Saturday, October 20, 2012

Goodbye Big Jim

Thursday I came home from work and did my usual thing,Brought in the mail,let the dog out and checked my email and then a quick visit to facebook. The first thing I see on facebook is my uncle Jim Nortons obit!Kick me in the gut won't you? I know he was sick but reading his obit on facebook was not what I saw coming! There I was sitting at my computer with damn tears running down my face!It took a good 15 minutes to re compose myself.I got changed into jeans and an old BHIA staff T shirt and headed to the beer & wine store for a bottle of wine and a liter of Pepsi,As I was checking out the woman behind the counter was telling me she saw me one day riding my bike on the wrong side of the road.I told her I must have turning down a nearby street. With kids riding double.and with no helmet she has the right to lecture ME on bike safety?WTF??? Walking in the house I was hoping thing would get better.Can I get some good news? As I walked in the kitchen I see a box on the Counter and immediately know it was my order from oldies.com!I raised my right hand in victory saying out loud "YES!!!" Uncle Jim was displaying his powers from above already! I had only 2 glasses of wine but wanted so much to have a third but being it was a work night night better choices prevailed!

No comments:

Post a Comment