Monday, December 16, 2013

Music and Random Chatter


2 weeks ago I met up with 2 friends of mine who gave me a nice bagful of CDs. Im holding out on serious listening because that would give me the urge to buy more music if I didn't have enough music for the mix. I asked my sister for a few CDs for Christmas. I deliberately forgot what they were so I would be surprised at Christmas.
 Its been over a month since I bought any music. Watching everyone else show the latest music pickups on youtubes Vinyl community group is like taking a recovering alcoholic into the liquare store. Its like walking into a candy store when your on a diet. Dayam!
 not that I don't have enough songs in my iTunes now to make a mix but I have ideas for a mix but want to finish sending out my Christmas mixes first.
 It will be worth the wait I'm sure.
    Yesterday I went to the Beach House to deliver a few Christmas mixes. On the way there it appeared that folks were on the newly built platforms at The Mount street Beach. Luckily I had my camera with me so I went to check it out. I started shooting a video when I woman approached me asking if I needed a pair of gloves.I told her I had some and thanked her.
 Wow a total stranger offered me a pair of gloves. There are still some good people in the world.
   In the mainstream media you here about some acts of kindness but not enough. Watch the news and what do you see?
 They focus on the negative NOT the positive.
     We all have the power to change the world for the better. We all have the power to spread joy and positivity in our day to day lives. Whether its offering a pair of gloves to a stranger or offering food to a homeless person on the street we all have the power to bring happiness and hope into someone else's life and make their day better. We need to love more,laugh louder and Dance more. Perhaps if we focus more on the positive it might make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment