Saturday, January 5, 2013

with my own eyes

today I finally went to Bay Head beach to see what I could see.On mount street the was a house split in two.Afterwards I went to Chadwick street aka the Bluffs.to my surprise some of the fence with I was sure would be totaled was still standing!The house to the left pretty much lost their trees and shubery but the house itself looked OK.There was a dumpster in the driveway so Im sure there were item destroyed by the water! The Zuvers ols house mostly got damage to the roof and the porch railing but its set back so I dont think there was much more damage beyond that.Im sure it too took on some water in some areas. its so sad to see things the way they are but I hope by Springs major cleanups and repair will be under way!I predict roads will need to be torn up and drainage systems replaced.more traffic nightmares for the BHPD and Public works! There was a FEMA Truck right next to the firehouse and an army truck in the firetruck bay!I hope the Fire company will get much needed funds to get back on track and to help other get back on track! I lived in Bay Head for 30 years and although I'm in the Boro now I still consider Bay Head my town and in a way it still is.I work there and have many friends there!

No comments:

Post a Comment