Sunday, October 20, 2013

a beautiful sunsets on a beautiful weekend

This weekend was awesome
Yesterday I Deejayed at a benefit called Eakfest. A Halloween themed benefit to raise money For the cure of CF (Cystic Fibroses)
My friend Alicia's Daughter Jackie has it but is doing well in college dispute the challenges she has.
My Friends Sheryl and Jack Burk were my roadies on the trip to the pioneer Hose Fire House where it was held.
When I got there a band was setting up. Originally we were going to take turns playing but then they were moved outside.I had the inside all to myself. I kind of felt sorry for them a little because they were just set up and them they had to move everything.
 I played my eclectic set. when it seemed a lot of folks were eating I played the mellow set. jazz, soft rock and some standards.
 Of course the kids wants the gangdam style, the Casper slide and the like.
 the evening ended about 9:30 and I played God bless the USA. Folks seem to like that as the last song and it seems fitting especially in a firehouse! The  firemen like it.
 My friend  George Nicholas picked me up and helped me carry stuff.
 I received positive feedback and one woman said it was hard for her to leave the room because she loved the music I was playing so much.
WOW!
A few folks from the school came by to which I thought was real cool!
Special Thanks to Alicia Applegate for giving me a chance to DJ a much worthy cause.
Thank you to the Pioneer hose fire company for all they do
to find out more about eakfest and CF go to
www.eakfest.com


No comments:

Post a Comment