Sunday, October 27, 2013

Remembering Hurricane Sandy Part 2

So I clean out what I could of my care but couldn't get in the trunk because the electronics were shot i'm sure but whatever was in there was no good anymore anyway.
  My next step was cleaning out the fridge. Hours after being emptied and cleaned Nancy has the straight to go out to the store and restock it. In appreciation I got here a bottle of wine.
 We didn't have phones or internet until 6pm on election day. Slowly but surely I got up to speed on the news and how my friends were doing.
 that week my old Volvo got towed away.I felt sad.
  A week before Thanksgiving BHS reopened. The night before I went back to work I told Nancy We were reopening and she said she would go car shopping for me. After 3 weeks of not working I was so happy to be returning to work I almost forgot I had no wheels except for my bike!
 I went home right after work figuring I should be home when Nancy got home just in case she wanted me to go with here car shopping.
 when I come home Nancy was already home and working on Christmas decorations. There also A red convertible in the driveway. I figured she had company so when I gave here the mail I asked who's here? No on she replied. Immediately I figured it out the red convertible was MY new car!
 I replied so that's ..Merry Christmas she said smiling.
Holy sh-t no way!
she got the keys and showed me where everything was etc.I gave her a big hug!She and I weren't big huggers but this was an exception. I drove it around a little just to get the feel for it.
I wasted no time taking a picture of it and posting it on facebook!
  for the most part my post Sandy depression was over but I did get little waves of depression seeing many houses with furniture and appliances on the curb.
 The nation Guard troops that were at every entrance in town were gone.It seemed thing were starting to get back on track!
End of Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment