Tuesday, April 14, 2015

remembering 1984

I just saw a best of 1984 albums and can remember hearing them at the time
I was in a Baptist youth group for a spell and attended a Baptist church for a spell. I remember being told about how BAD secular music was. I started listening to a local Christian radio station and buy cassettes of Keith Green, Amy Grant and so on.
  I still listened to that BAD music I didn't talk about it at youth group.
As time went on I saw kids in youth group smoking and one girl even became pregnant by her boyfriend and ended up marrying him.
 After our first youth director left I still hung on for another year but by 86 I started fading out. Not in my faith but just realizing that I was getting older and not in high school anymore so it was time to go on.
I realized just because it was a Christian youth group doesn't mean they don't have the same problems any other kid was having.
  I kept on listening to my secular music. What music you listen to won't define you as a good or bad Christian its that way your behave that will.
Someone once said going to church doesn't make you a better Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car!
many think of born again Christians as perfect people who have it all together. WRONG!
The is only one who's perfect.
and whos that? you ask
GOD the father!
so lets stop judging and lets start loving and respecting one another!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment