Saturday, August 21, 2010

A fun day of music and friends

As usual my Alarm went off at 8am.I hit the snooze button and then it went off again at 8:15 and the radio was playing Tina Turners Song "Simply The Best"
I got up and answered Natures call.I want so badly to catch another 15 minute snooze and something in my head said "NO you DON"T..Get up!"
I got up and got dressed and cleaned up.
I was debating on whether to take the bike or walk to the firehouse where my DJ gear was.Chip picked it up yesterday and said if I find a way there he will bring me and my gear home.
If I walked there would be one less thing to pick up.It was also a nice day and perfect for a walk.
I did leg stretches at the top of the bridge..yeah I know I should stretch before I get started but I didnt.
When I got to the firehouse my first thought was to go to Muellers and get coffee but the Line was a mile long.The Firehouse had cofee but no cups.My quest for coffee came up empty.
I found where my Gear was stored and went about the business of setting up.I was lucky enough to find an old rust handtruck and used it.
By the time I was set up and made sure I had power it was 10ish.I played light rock oldies and Jazz at a low volume per Chips request.
I also played Anchors away for one of the guys who was in the Navy.I teased him and told him I have to play the Marines hymn next year!
Meanwhile Tyler and the band had arrived and were getting squared away.
The 12 oClock Whistle blew and so I welcome everyone and played some reggae and surf tunes,Then Introduced them and they played for an hour.
we each had 2 one hour sets.
There wasnt much dancing that I saw but I got good feedback.I felt good about that.
I saw a many alumni from BHS and a few lifeguards.
A reporter from The Ocean Star came over and asked me how to spell my last name and what town I lived in.
Tomorrow I go back to being mild mannered Trish Mullins, badge checker...and yes in a few weeks its back to BHS.
Next Friday Ill be DJing again at the Beach House Movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment