Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Greatness and fun of Mix Trades

I've Started making mixtape in the 80s.In 2003 I upgraded to CDs.I often wondered if anyone else had the same passion and love for it like it did.When I had a myspace account I checked it out and sure enough there was.There was this guy Kurt in Colorado who had one so I joined up 7 months later he announced there would be no more trades.I looked around again and found this group called the international mix tape project.There were hundreds of members and even some from other parts of the world.The leader Ryan mixtape seemed in it for the longhall and truly commited so I signed up and sent it my $10.00 membership fee. over 2 years later its still going strong.Ive made a few new friends who I continue to trade with when I make a new mix.
Each month I mail a CD to a different person.I have mixes in the UK, Ireland,Germany,Austrailia,Canada and France!Its fun.
Comtimes I get feedback and sometimes I don't.But thats OK!Each Month I lookforward to a brown or write package in my mailbox.
Its great knowing there are armies of folks who share the love and passion of making mixes like I do.Ive been turned on to a few new bands too.
If this is something you would like to become of part of go to
www.internationalmixtapeproject.com
If you have a love and passion for music and making mixes this is the place for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment