Tuesday, May 4, 2010

my creative engine starts up again!

So by Now most of you readers know I like making mixes,right?If you read the previous blogs you do!
Once in a while I'll run dry on ideas for a mix.It doesnt take much reignite the flame that sparks the fire though.This Past week Matt (My brother in laws Dad)ask me If I had a song called "Danny" by Bobby Goldboro.I had that on 45 I replied it was the flip side Of "Honey"
I told him Id look it up on Oldies.com a while later I went up to the computer and sure enough they had it.Oh but I cant just order 1 CD..nooo!
Hhavemy wish list of songs
I ordered 2 more CDs.
The other song Im looking for is Time has come today by the chambers brothers so I looked that up.Score!The last song I looked up was look what theyve done to my song ma by the new seekers..Scored again.
I printed out my shopping basket and will send it in with a check.
Theres more on the list but Ill be financially prudent and wait till July for my next shopping spree.
Monday morning Rolls around and our 6th Grade Teacher who is also a music fan asked me where I get my music and If he gave me a list would I be able to make him a mix.Naturally i was up for the challenge
I find 8 out of 10 songs he wants on the library website and order them.
Tonight I see my mixing buddy Doowad made a mix called Jingle Jangle.Hmm I asked myself wasnt that a name of a song?
curiosity grabs hold of me and I look it up on the Library website.Yup the Archies did it.what did I do.I put it on hold.
In The Early 90s there was a store in Point Pleasant Beach called the Time Machine.
It was nostalgia store.They also had used records,and tapes and a few CDs.I rarely walked out of there without spending at least $10.00!
When I first started making mixtapes I just listed the song and then one day the owner told me I should list the artist too.so I did and if I had room on the index card I thanked the folks and inspired the mixtapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment