Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ah..the wonderful cool sea air

Every Memorial day weekend I go for what I call my annual bike tour.I usually try for Saturday.
Today was a beauty but I wasnt sure if it would be because I could have sworn I heard rain at 8am so I fell back to sleep.
At 11am I woke up and seeing a blue sky I turned on the computer,got dressed and checked my email.Afterwords I had a cup of tea on the porch and figured if Im going to take my bikeride I better get to it and so I did.
Going over the Loveland town bridge I had a hankering for a donut or something so my first stop was Bay Point Market for a blueberry muffin and coffee.I was one of our lifeguards Larry Mcginn and we chatted.
I knew I was going to going to get Lollypops for Davy Jones day so While I thought of it I went to CVS.They have blowpops.just as good if not better I thought.Traffic was heavy but not crazy.
I went down Osbourne Ave to East Ave.There were a ton of Bikes at the Osbourne Street Beach.There were a few houses that were in the renevation stage.Cars line the streets from curb to curb I didnt see any empty spots.The Beach season has started and will be open officially in a few weeks.The Lyman Street Beach in Mantoloking didnt look so crowded so I stopped there.The cool Sea air was wonderful and the Ocean looked calm and clean It must have been low tide.I stood and looked the the ocean for about 10 minuted and Onward I went.
Crossing Main Ave was no problem.I figured Id have to wait and least 5 minutes on a nice day like this but I got lucky and was able to cross right away.
Barnagate lane was busy so I rode on the sidewalk if a big Van or SUV was coming.That road is norrow and gets wider at Strickland st.
I rode past my old house and the new owners are going a nice job at the landscaping.
My next stop was Applegate Hardware were I looked at Tarps.I figure its good to have a tard for my DJ gigs in case it rains.I saw one for $11.00 thats about 10 feet.Perfect for me.I'll put it on my list.
Next I went to The Beach House surf shop were Marty Showed me a promotional video that will be on you tube soon.
I was going to go to see my Friends King and Carla but the sky looked iffy so I headed home thus ending another succesful bike tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment