Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where to find em(hard to find music and Movies)

I started my new playlist and it will be called "Let it Rock"
I6t may tuern into a 2 CD set.
Frank(my friend and DJ Mentor)and I were talking music today and he reminded me of a song called white Bird.I remember the song from when I was young and search it out on our Library website and ka-chow they had it on a compilation so I ordered it.
OK so I know I touched on this websites on a previous blog but at the risk of repeating myself Ill give you a more detailed description.
www.oldies.com
They have Music.Mostly oldies but they have many hard to find hits too in rock, reggae,Jazz and world music.They have not only compact discs but vinyl too!They have LOTS of great old Moves on DVD.They Carry Books about music and Movies at low prices!They also Have Blank Media like DVDrs and CDrs.So you say you dont Have a Turntable to play your record on?Yes they have them too!
www.CDconnection.com
If you can't find whats your looking for on oldies.com you most likely will find it here.CDconnection was new and old tunes plus imports!If you have Windows media playey you can listen to clips of music to see if thats what you are looking for!
BUT
may I suggest you go to your local record/CD store to see if they can help you first.Many music stores are waving the white flag and going out of business because many claim everyone just downloads music nowadays and that makes Collectors like me sad because I like owning CDs.Downloads can have Viruses and its not the same as having a CD.
well thats my point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment