Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Library:Its NOT just about books anymore

When I was young I remember going to the library and picking out a book with my closs and having it for a week.I thought thats all they had at the library.
In my mid 20s when I started making mixtapes someone told me you can loan out CDs and tapes from the library.today not only to they have music but they have videos,computer you can use for a half hour to an hour depending on how long you want.They even have a copier.10 cents a copy.not bad huh?
In My early mixmaking days someone would suggest I listen to a band and Id go to see if the library had it.its a practice I still use today.
I have discovered some cool world music and jazz through the library and the library plays a big part in broadening my musical horizons.
Check out your library to see if they have nice music and movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment