Tuesday, June 1, 2010

afro sounds

The Ghana Special
I picked up this CD at the library of african music.I dont know any songs here but the beat is interesting.according to the Liner notes it was made in the 70s.Im listening to a song right now by a band called Vis a vis the song isobi agye me dofo very danceable.American funk was surely an influence.The beauty about music is that differant cultures inthuence each other and say hey thats mine but instead say wow we must have a good beat going if other cultures enjoy it.
Jimmy Cliff and Bob marley were my introduction to the tunes of africa.Herb Albert was my introduction to mexican music.I was turned onto world music at an early age but didnt realize other doors would open up later on in life as far as my musical influence go.Folks enjoy my world music spins when I DJ.
mynext CD Ill play is by David Bromberg.In high school I hated bluegrass because thats all my brother would play one one time but after gangster rap can on the scene I gave bluegrass another listen this time with an opened mind and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment