Monday, June 28, 2010

Zap Mama


Curt Nicholas put a song by the band Zap Mama on the last mix he made me while on leave from the Navy.I like them!I,ve been into old funk and reggae as my Eclectic Summer mixes show.
the next mix im listening to is a compilation of reggae artists doing covers of disney tunes.pretty cool.
My friend Al Telstar send me a mix called sax hunt.Cool Jazz.
While im on the subject of music the Sherman brothers are playing Friday night at Marlins in Point Pleasant beach!

1 comment:

  1. Trish,

    Given my preference, I would always prefer to have The Real Thing. I actually like to hold a physical object in my hands, and there is nothing like finding extensive liner notes awaiting withing. I recall when I found Kind Of Blue by Miles Davis, the notes were almost a Backbeat magazine article.

    I also have no problem laying out the cash for The Real Thing. I can honestly say, with some embarrassment, you really don't want to know how much I paid for my copy of Illusions On A Double Dimple by Triumverat.

    The issue, though, is: record companies don't always reissue the works of their artists. I have been looking for a certain album, found it... but I simply cannot bring myself to pay the $300.00 they are asking. The money rarely goes to the artist, and as I have met the man, I may track it down by other means, and then next time I see him I will tell him so, and ask him what his royalties would have been for the sale... and double it and give it to him in cash.

    ReplyDelete