Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bully your a Bully

This Morning my radio alarm woke me up at 8am as always.I have it tuned to 107.1 the breeze.
There was a Gentleman on there talking about anti bullying.He goes around to different schools and talks about bullying and how to stop it.
Being victim of this when I was in my younger teens I listened and remembered what it was like for me.
I wasnt psysically bullied but mostly verbally.My self esteen suffered for a long time.I was called things like retard,reject and four eyes.
The gentleman said words are powerful and can lift you up or bring you down.
He also said some teens came home and theres noneone home to talk to which makes them want to turn to drugs or suicide.
Luckily for me there was someone home most of the time.Either my mom or our dog Snoopy.When Id come home from school he would jump up on me and lick me on my face as if to say oh good your home,I love you!Id pet him and take him for a walk or let him out in the back yard.
Then there was the music.Id turn on the radio,records or whatever and feel the bad feelings subside.
People who are bullies are bullies because they themselves have a low self image so in order to feel cool they bully people.
Many bullies come from disfuntional families or are vitims of bullying themselves.
Don't let a bully ruin your day..or life.
Just because your in a special Ed class DOES NOT mean your retarded!
Many turn out ok and do well in life!

2 comments:

  1. Trish,
    Great advice...you're an awesome person!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish,

    Words do indeed leave an impact, just like a fist. When I heard of some of the school shootings, I'd think of all of the times I was treated like that, and how angry I'd get and how deep down I had to push that rage.

    Forest Gump's momma said it best: stupid is as stupid does, and treating somebody like garbage, well, that is pretty low.

    Love your mixes, and you keep bringing your thoughts!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete