Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Duck Derby

The weatherman was right about todays weather!After 2 days of rain,the sun finally appeared late yesterday afternoon.
Today I woke up later than I should have but somehow got through the traffic without losing my mind.Im sure there were a few bad words springing from my mouth en route though.
OK so I get there and after getting ready to set up,Frank tells me that that band and I are set up in front of Boro Hall!
We drag everything over there and set up.My Cables were a tad tangled but its my own fault for NOT untangling them last night.
So I waited till the band playing the shark run finished and then I started.
Meanwhile the Sherman brothers were warming up.
This small group of Zumba Demonstrators come in front of us and the woman ask me to stop playing so I did.
They danced to about 3 songs and then tell me I can start playing again.I played a few songs and then they wanted to do a few more routines.So I hit the breaks again.
they did a few more routines and then handed it back to me.
I got in about 25 Minutes of playing time before the Sherman Brothers started.
After they started playing I went on a quest for a 2nd cup of coffee.My first one got knock over while I was setting up.Thankfully non of my gear got wet!
around noontime It started getting warm enough to ditch the sweatshirt.I had my Yellow Submarine T shirt on That I was happy to show off!
There were many announcement made between songs but I received positive feedback so I had no complaints.
I think some members of the band were dissapointed there wasnt a better turnout and folks werent Dancing but I didnt let it bother me.At least no one told us wew were too loud!Thats a pain!People stand 5 feet from the speakers and tell you they can hear themselves think.I wanna reply "Stop Thinkin and Start dancing!"
When I got home and got my gear packed away I sat out on the dock and enjoyed probably the last of the really warm days till next spring!
It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment