Thursday, October 21, 2010

this and that random stuff!

The other day..I think it was Tuesday I went downtown to Pt Pleasant Beach to pick up more CDrs.Bay Ave was line with Political posters.A few were for my friend Kris Tookers run for town council in the Beach.Unlike the rest Krissys campaigns arent trashing the other guy.She just states what she is going to do.
Today I saw a halloween CD on the Boiler Room Counter That Frank used to Play when he used to be the DJ at our school Dances.Ah the good old days.There were times he let me dj for a while and he dissapeared.I often wonder where he went.Other times he would put on a compilation CD or tape and dissapear and his wife Cathy and I wondered where is he?
Frank Recently told me he went out for a smoke back in those days.Thankfully he stopped smoking but still left for a breath of fresh air and left me to DJ or put on a comp!He always did a fine job setting up for the dances.I miss those days!
In 05 he retired from DJing.We had other DJs before I got my gear but the kids left halfway though the dances.Sadly we just let Antrim have the dances.
Im happy to say I've been DJing at Davy Jones day for 10 years!I DJed at the Clam bake for 3 years and looking forward to my 2nd year at the Earthday celebration next April!Oh yes and Ive DJed at the duck race and Shark run for 2 years.
I had my first DJ gigs at the Beach house Movies night this past summer and hope for more next summer.
The Beach Library got some renovations done a few years ago and I stopped in to check it out after my trip to Bordans.It looks nice.I picked up a Carol King CD of her greatest hits.A few tracks will be on my next mix!
OK thats it for now.Stay tuned for more news and Idle chatter soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment