Wednesday, December 28, 2011

treasures of the past

The other night I was going through a box of tapes and found a mixtape I gave dad in 1999.I'm guessing it was a birthday present. Its a bunch of swing and pop hits of the 40s and 50s.I'm guessing The source was CDs.they sound clear.OK so I'll share with you the track listing DAD"99" Side A Rag Mop - The Ames Brothers Wheres The Music - Duke Ellington Walking in the Sunshine - Ella Fitzgerald Nice Work if you can get it - Thelonious Monk Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway Bird of Paradise - Charlie Parker Satin Doll - Duke Ellington Cherry Pink & Apple Blossom white - Perez Prado Melodie D'amore - The Ames Brothers Catch a Falling Star - Perry Como Jitterbug Waltz - Vince Guaraldi Java Jive - The Ink Spots Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Andrew sisters Side B Medley:Everybodys Alright/Coma Odar Solar Rolar - The Carribean Steel Orchestra Evenin - Cab Calloway Azure - Duke Ellington Swing High Swing Low - The Ink Spots On Green Dolphin Street - Vince Guaraldi Rum and Coca Cola - The Andrew Sisters Frenesi - Artie Shaw There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey You'd Be So Nice To Come Home to - Dinah Shore Be My Love - Mario Lanza Sing Sing Sing(with a swing) - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra Making Dad mixtapes was a fun education for This DJ.It was also fun and got me more into the great Jazz Sound!

1 comment: