Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reaching Up

Today started out kinhda overcast.I got a call from Martha(Of Ocean County Music) saying my order came in.I ordered a copy of Nicole Willis and the soul investigators CD Reaching up.Its great.Soul revival is on the rise.If you like modern soul with a old school twist this CD is for you.Also Check out Sharon and the Dap Kings.
A few years ago My cousin Michael made me a mix that blew me away.The Soul Investigators theme one one of those songs Id play repeatly.
I was also turned on to Ratatat which was also on this mix.One day I'll post the tracklist.Its that cool.I dont normally post other folks mixes but theres something about this mix.
A few days ago I got a cool mix from my friend Tex Hobart that cool too but I always play it when im dozing off and must listen to at upright and give it a proper review.
OK so onto my gig tonight.It was fun.No one really danced but I got positive feedback.Greg Powell and his wife were there.Greg got up and gave a thank you speech that had many of us misty.
The way everyone pulled together to make it came together brought tears to this DJs eyes.The love and support was beautiful.I think Over $6000.00 was raised.
Thank you to Alicia and Chris for the Chance to spin.Also BIG shout out to Chip Tillson, my awesome Roadie.Also big thanks to the Pioneer hose fire co In Brick for letting the event happen there!
Last but sure as heck not least big thank yous to Ocean County Music for helping make my dreams of being a DJ come true and un biggest thanks to God Above for it all!

1 comment:

  1. Man,trish you sound soo happy living your dream.Thanks for sharing this with the world.I hope to always read your blog.What are friends for,my friend!

    ReplyDelete