Friday, July 15, 2011

back to power walking

The other day I went back to the Doctor to have my blood pressure checked again.Its still the same.He said to cut back on the salt and excercise more and yes if it doesnt inprove next month I'll need to go on meds to lower it.
Yesterday after work I showered,had dinner and went for a walk.
Same thing tonight except I charged up my ipod.I forget how much music motivates me to walk faster.even the melodic world music keeps me going.
Towards the end of my walk came a upbeat Santana song that made me want to keep going but the sun was setting and In not really a fan of walking at night.Especially in the summer when traffic is unpredictable.
Yesterday I really felt how out of shape I was when the back of my legs were hurting as if to say "Damn girl you are out of shape"
Today it wasnt so bad..well maybe it was but perhaps the music helped me keep on going.
Perhaps a walking mix is in order soon.I still have a discman that works!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to walking again myself.A change is due and I welcome it.Glad to hear you are keeping up the doctor visits.I would love to walk to your walking mix.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete