Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2003(a mixtape)

today while my computer was running a virus scan I took a moment to look thougn some cassettes.Where I found the time to make mixtapes in 2003 I dont know.My Mother died on the 21st of January so it must have been before then.In Late Febuary the process of moving had started and after that my life was a blur till late summer of that year.anyway heres a mixtape I found.

Tape type 110 TDK

Side 1
Swinging with Tiger Woods - The Cherry Poppin Daddies
Poker - ELO
Hound Dog - Big Mama Thorton
Smokestack lightning - Howlin Wolf
Home - Kenny G
Got my own thing now - Squirrel Nut Zippers
The Fist Time - U2
Sound System - Steel Pulse
Return of DJango - The Upsetters
Down Hometown - ELO
This I swear - Richard Darbyshire
Shake the thing - Papa Charlie Jackson
Some Of Shellys Blues - Nitty Gritty dirt Dand
Peace Officer - Jimmy Cliff
Prodical Son - Steel Pulse
Side 2
You were Only Foolin - Connie Francis
Am I blue - Dinah Washington
Swamp Fire - Martin Denny
Melencholy Serenade - King Curtis
Search for Vulcan - Leroy Holms
Cha cha cha De Amour - Dean Martin
So Nice - Billy May
Holiday for Strings - The Voices of Walter Shuman
More - Bobby Darin
Two Hearts are Better Than one - Frank Sinatra
When your falling - Afro Celt Sound Systen
Home in the sky - Cat Stevens
Dance Crasher - Alton Ellis & The Flames
Dreader Than Dread - Honey Boy Martin & the Voices
No Time to lose - The Dave Clark Five
South Street - The Orlons
Its Wonderful - The Young Rascals

Some of these songs I had on 45s and the others came from CDs.my editing skills were pretty good.The Loungy songs came from a compilation called Ultra Lounge my Cousin Molly lent me.

Im sure Im being finding more of this treasures in future weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment