Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday:an Observation

Black Friday.its either your friend or your worst nightmare.When I headed out just to do a few things I took a mental note to be extra careful.Cross only at crosswalks and walk your bike across the highway.
People are anxious to get to their next stop.my travels were going well.I got printer ink and a 50 pack of CDrs.People were hitting the horns more than usual in route home.not at me but at others.
I arrived home unharmed and unshaken.I was hoping to get out earlier but it was raining in the morning and black Friday is one of the days I refuse to take the car out.
I did take a quick trip to downtown Point beach though before heading home.The good thing about Black Friday is it brings folks together for a common goal.Shopping!
I saw one woman with a teenage girl I'm guessing was here daughter tell a man were going over here.and the man went his way.Guys dont like going into dress shops or Jewelry shore with their wives no more than woman like to go in sports shops with their husbands,right?
unless two folks want to go to the same place,its a chore.My mother never understood why I didn't enjoy shopping with her.She could spend all day in the mall on a beautiful day shopping and browsing.
When I shop I like to get what I want ,pay for it and go!Then again there my music stores where yes I do browse.I think one time mom did come into Ocean County music a few times and got a taste of her own medicine.Not that that was my intention it just happened. and one day I think I said to her "aha! see?"Oh but we could go out to Frankies together and talk for hours and have a ball.We loved her Ruben Sandwiches but never finished them and brought the leftovers home and there I was fat and happy after chomping down a burger and fries.
I don't think my dad was fond of driving on Black Friday either.He'd say people drive like a--holes.Mom would just roll here eyes "Oh Tom!"
Mom was a calm chick in traffic and Dad called folks driving recklessly every word in the book.We kids would be in the back seat not saying a word.
so there it is.My take on Black Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Remembering your parents really touches my heart.Trish stay strong.You are a great person and i enjoy your blog.As for black friday well,i don't really shop because,i have no money.Observing others and people watching can be fun especially when you get to write about it.

    ReplyDelete