Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas in Bay Head , A DJ Gig and Chatter

The Christmas Season had Started!
I loaded up my 5 CD changer in the den with Christmas music except for one which I may put a jazz mix in.
This Friday is Christmas in Bay Head when the stores stay open till 9pm and Santa arrives at the Firehouse on top of the old firetruck and Our School Chorus sings.Im not sure about the band playing.
The shops serve neat little cookies and punch or coffee.When its below 40 degrees I usually skip it.I don't like walking around for hours freezing my butt off!
Saturday is my gig at Rockin Joes for our youth group 26th year reunion.Gosh I hope no one gets a bright idea to have us give a testimony.I'll say I have Junior alzheimers and can only remember how to spin CDs.lol!No better yet Ill tell them the owner doesnt have flood insurance that covers extreme emotional breakdowns...no better yet I signed a contract saying I was not going to cry when I Deejayed.
Sunday Im relaxing and starting the task of writing Christmas Cards.If its real nice Ill take a bikeride first and maybe get a little shopping done.
I just ordered a dozen CDs at the library.Theres a song I've been hoping to get on CD for a long time and wouldnt you know the library has it!its called 16 tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford.In the mid 1990s when I still had a turntable I bought a copy on 45s at a yard sale but it was scratchy and then one at a nostalgia shop and that one skipped.That song has been on my wish list for a LONG time.
I have a wish list in one of my notebooks I used to write down tide info in during my summers at the beach.Every now and then I come across it.
Its called 45 wish list.Its songs I had on 45s I wish I had on CD.
My next mix is going to be Called Library Hits 2010!Our library had great music and it will consists of music I got through out wonderful Ocean County Library!It might be a 2 CD set!

No comments:

Post a Comment