Sunday, November 14, 2010

Remembering the Sony Walkman

Tonight I read that Sony has stopped production of the walkman.In the 1980s I bought myself a Sony Walkman and listened to the mixtapes I made to motivate myself to walk to lose some weight.My first one was black and it was stolen not long after I got it.
My second one was yellow.That one lasted much longer.I love it but it died a tragic death in the late 80s when I tripped over a raised slab of cement on the sidewalk.I tried to break my fall but failed.The walkman went crashing to the ground and the thing broke in two.I also got a scraped up elbow,ripped jeans and a bruised knee and my walking days were on hiatus for weeks but the walkman did provide some good sound that helped motivate me to walk and become a better mix maker.
Im sure many mixmakers and DJs owe the walkman many thanks for their music education and enjoyment!
Thank you Walkman.I will always remember you!

No comments:

Post a Comment