Sunday, January 9, 2011

A long cold winter

Yesterday we got another sampling of snow.Chip was called into work to salt the roads.His wonderful wife Joyce was able to pick me up and bring me to the firehouse where my gear awaited me on a table in the rear of the truck bay ready for set up.
The cables weren't as tangled as I thought.
I adjusted the levels on the speakers and did a sound check.Thankfully there was no feedback on the mic.Last week I did have feedback issues but I think It was because the volume on one speaker was too high.
I played my Cocktail hour CD for yes cocktail hour.I played a CD I made dad in 05 during dinner,then picked the tempo up after that.A few folks danced.
I played 2 songs Joyce requested at the end and pumped the volume up a bit then I noticed the trucks started being back in.
The truck bay wasn't chilly like I expected it to be.I guess having all that fire gear you need decent heating.
Lots of town officials were there and although Chip said I didn't need to dress up I did go Business Casual.A pair of jeans and my white button down shirt!I'm glad I did because members of the Town Council were there and so was the mayor!
I wanted to wear nice shoes but the weather obviously did NOT permit that so on went the boots.
Although not many Dance I received positive feedback.
I expect my next gig wont be till spring...but you never know!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there to appreciate the tunes and meet your mayor.I like meeting "important" people.Maybe you should have played neutron dance.Just to get the party started!
    Hang in there trish winter brings the spring.

    ReplyDelete