Sunday, January 2, 2011

Now that January is here..

Jan 2 2011
Christmas vacation is over.Tomorrow afternoon the christmas tunes will be packed away for another year.sigh!I'll leave the decorations up for a few days more.
Although its quiet,January is a rough month for me.January 16th 2003 is when my mom died.She was a great bridge player,and a mentor to many Battling alcoholsm.She was sober 38 years when she died.She was often on the phone to those needing someone to talk to or dashing off to meet someone for coffee if they needed someone to talk to.
She went to morning mass almost every day..or so it seemed.She was a very spiritual person and positive too and she instilled that in me.
she even came down on Oct 4 2007 and got my dad and took him up to heaven and neither left a note.It was the day before their wedding anniversary. Im sure she was sent to get him!
I remember looking back at the line of cars on the way to the cemetary the procession and outpouring of love was wonderful.
January always is the coldest month of the year too.
OK this January is starting out a little more Cheerier because I have a DJ gigs and all but im sure Im still be think of both my parents on the 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment