Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Hand to Help

Today a told someone I know my idea of Volunteering my DJ services to help the People of the Tsunami.They kind of laughed and said we didn't respond so quick to the folks in Hurricane Katrina but we will jump at the chance to help the people of Japan.
Heres my thought
1 Japan AND California were both caught off guard.neither saw it coming.
2 God wants us as Christians to do what we can for anyone in need regardless of race,religion or location!
3 I'm not offering my services for money or a gain in my name but simply to do what I can to help folks in need.

This week was Spirit week as BHS.Those who participated got prizes.Each day was a different dress code
one day was hat day ,another day was team shirt day and so one etc.
To me spirit is much more.Respecting each other,being kind,respect and supporting school events and property etc.
Oh Im all for fun and spirit but giving our kids the massage the you'll get a prize for good things you do?hmm
can't they just be good for goodness sake?Not that they don't deserve it but some might get the message to be good just to get a reward.
I remember coming home from a class trip in NYC several years ago and folks passing by a homeless person.Perhaps he was an drugged out or alcoholic bum but he was also a human!these folks in their $300.00 Armani suits ignored him like a piece of trash.
Have you ever seen a guy playing a guitar or a trumpet playing a great peace of music and simply drop a dollar in his cup.Next time buy that guy a bagel and coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment