Wednesday, March 23, 2011

music news,updates and other thoughts

After work today I picked up a few Cd's of the putumayo series I ordered a few nights ago.I got one called Jazz around the world which should be cool.My next mix is going to be called thumbs up 2011.Its going to be a 2 CD mix.Many songs from the Putumayo series will be on it.
If your interested in or curious about exploring world music.The Putumayo series is a perfect series to check out.My favorites are reggae,steel drums and other African music.The rhythm and beats are great to dance to and listen to.
check em out
www.putumayo.com
In other news I just found out In addition to myself,the Sherman Brothers Band will be playing at earth day too!
I mailed out some CD mixes to the rest of my cousins and a few friends and theres a couple I still want to send to but I'll wait till next week.Ill make a list of who I want to send to and get enough envelopes.
I also mailed out an order to oldies.com
For those of you Vinyl junkies they have records too.LPs,EPs and 45s!
www.oldies.com
Last week Joan resumed Piano lessons.Im not as rusty as I thought Iwas but I must practice more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment