Friday, May 13, 2011

huh heck I should have paid more attention

Recently a fellow mixmaker put a Bela Fleck tune on a mix.Once in a while I wonder where I first heard certain artists.In this case I first heard Bela Fleck on a compilation called huh music.Huh music was a popular in the 1990s for new music CDs and reissues in compilation.Each month you got a CD and a Magezine telling you about each artist.Another artist I discovered was gogol Bordello with Start wearing Purple.
Id put the songs I liked on a mixtape and give the CD to a friend.I think I kept one or two and traded them in for cash or credit at a local music store after moving.
Being Records are on the comback and many folks buy music online not many music stores buy used CDs anymore.
I think there was another company that did the same thing as huh music.who was it?Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment