Monday, October 24, 2011

why this time of the year is tough for me

This year October was bearable for me.The many cards and gifts and outpouring of love from Family and friends helped me ease into the big 5 0!
There are a few folks I think of this time of year simply because I miss them like crazy.My parents!Oh but I know they are watching from heaven.
My friend Tom Hall!He would take me to the Stone Pony or the Saint for a show.He didnt drink but he didnt mind if I had one.He was so cool that way.In return I didn't complain about his smoking.It didn't bother me.I've been around smokers all my life!
My little Joy!My faithful companion for 13 years.She died in early november right in front of me.Poor Dog had an enlarged heart.oh there are others but those are the ones that immediatly come to mind this time of year.
Sometimes when I see a dark blue pick up truck that looks like his I think Tom?
OK now some lighter stuff.I started reading the book soul surfer.Yes I know Im supposed to read the book and then see the movie but I got the movie from the library for 2 days so I had to watch it asap.My fines were up to $13.00 and I paid up a few bucks so the library mafia wouldn't hunt me down.lol!
OK back to cleaning my room!
looking forward to November..I think!

1 comment:

  1. Loss is something to be expected on the road of life.What we gain is not reflected upon enough.The people we choose to appreciate & love stay in our heart till long after the gray october days and long after the emptiness that is all in our minds.

    ReplyDelete