Sunday, October 2, 2011

shimmy and shake

What a weekend.
It started yesterday at 7am.I got up.very slowly I might add.I sat on the edge of the bed for what seemed like 15 minute and all of the sudden it was 7:20.I got dressed and wore my blue BHS t shirt.Being I pull my gear out in the hall all I had to do was haul it out to the car.The bag with the cables and the console went first and I put in in the front seat,Patrick and Ed came out and before I knew it my speakers were in the back seat.I hauled out CD case.I then Closed the doors,locked up the house and off I went.
Traffic wasn't bad.When I pull in the parking lot was pretty full but I did find a close by parking spot.
It was a little chilly so I put on my BHIA staff jacket.I saw many familiar folks including my boss and his wife and then I went to Mueller's Bakery for a large coffee and Blueberry Muffin.I even got an empty seat!
Mr and Mrs Dalton came in for their round of coffee i'm sure.Andi's flowers and gifts is now where Mark Fore & Strike was for 30 + years.Im glad she bought it.It looks great inside.
At about 9am I went out the Business of setting up my gear.Brian Potter help.Thank you Brian!Folks didn't stick around like they usually do but I got lots of good feedback.I played till about 11:15 and then was told to shut it off.I guess they wanted to wrap things up.Many folks were there till 6:30 so I was told.
When I got home Patrick emerged ready to help!He did a good job!
I took a little breather when everything was squared away and then headed out on my bike.Central Market was having a cooking contest so I went over to see what was going on.That too was wrapping up.Mr Curtis was the winner.
They were making burgers so i bought a burger and Pepsi and it was pretty good.I also made a quick stop at The Beach House.There was a dodge ball tournament a few days earlier and they won it.
My next stop was The Nicholas's but George had work to do so He could chat but told be to come back around 4 and join him in a beer.
I went to Borden's and bought a 25 pack of CDrs and then walked around Arnold Ave for a bit.
On the way back to Georges I stopped at A&P liquors and bought a 6pack of Coors.Beth's mom was there for the weekend so I invited her to join us.She did and we say and had a nice chat.
George still had things he wanted to get done before Beth came home so off I went.
The days events suddenly crept up on me so I took a little nap!
Later I had dinner and chatted with Laurie and Ed and had a few beers with them.Then I check my email and went to bed.
Today I slept in.I went to meet the Rockin Joes group and had a large coffee and a Bagel with creme cheese.The stomach wasn't feeling 100%.Hmm perhaps a little effects from the drinking I thought.
From there I went to the car cruise and hung out with my friend DJ Tommy Lynch!That's always fun.
Afterwards I went to see Eloise at thoughtful treasure but they were closing up so I dint get in.
My stomach was still iffy so I went home for yes,another nap!
All in all It was a pretty good weekend.A little Chilly but still good!
Special Shout outs to my guest roadies Ed and Brian and a my junior Roadie Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment