Friday, April 30, 2010

Deep Thoughts and Idle Chatter

As I pulled in the Driveway ending another busy week I Thanked the Lord for It all simply by Taking a deep breath and saying "ahh Thank you Lord!"
I did my usual Routine .Bring in the Mail and seperate mine from Nancys and Dans.It was all for Nancy and Dan except for the Ocean Star with we share.I let Bayou out and admired the way the sun was reflecting off the bay.Its a beauty of a day!I let Bayou Back in and gave her a biscuit.She sits at once.I pet her on the head when she take it from my fingers then she goes in the den and eats it.crunch crunch crunch!
Then I went and got a glass of coke and read the Ocean Star.The front page has a picture of soldiers carrying a flag draped metal coffin off a plane.He was only 20 years old.20 years old!Its so sad.He probably hadent had his first beer yet and Ill bet had a nice girlfriend and family crying their eyes out.
We gripe and moan about stupid stuff here and there are 20 year old kids dying to protect us from terrorist and get rid of the thugs in a country that doesnt care about theirs.
Got Problems at work?had a fight with your Spouse?Didnt make it home to watch the end of your soap opera?Those arent problems.seeing a metal coffin coming off the plame with your brother or son is!
He didnt die in vein though.He died doing what he beleived in for a country he loved.The USA!He took a bullet for us all!
OK now on a happy note..
I made a new playlist.actually its a 2 parter called A Really Mixed up mix 1 &2.
I'll post them on www.zenrunningorder.org
and I'll post them here too.
I got a notice saying there will be a meeting with the boss to discuss the situation with my employment.Normally I wouldnt worry but every now and then I get the What if Question rollin round my head.reduction in hours?pay freeze?
I've Been there 24 years.Im not certified in anything nor am I in the onion..oops I mean union.I hope I keep my job.
Im being very Careful not to oversleep and be extra good holding my tongue on my opinions on all the crap thats going on.
I know Give it to the Lord in Prayer, Trish.
Ill keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this, Trish. Thank you for reminding me to 'keep it real' and not to 'sweat the small stuff'.

    ReplyDelete