Saturday, April 10, 2010

How to overcome low self esteem

Being In a special Ed class is Hard.I didn't Think Id Do much in life.This mindset followed me for many years.Betwwen my Sophmore and Junior year on hight school I was told something that changed my life. "Trish Your NOT retarded"
I took an aptitude test and although i was a slow learner It didnt mean i was retarded but Up till till That Point I thought I was!
Typing this brings tears to my eyes.OK Im Pulling myself ]together..breathe breathe..
In the spring of 1983 another Life Changing event occured.I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior.It was like a Cement block being lifted off my shoulders.Jesus Loves me and I must now put my faith and trust in Him!
Though the years i've learned just because someone says they are a Christian Doesn't make them perfect.When i heard someone say they were a beleiver I was shocked when i saw faults in them.The Only one who is perfect is Jesus!!!!I repeat THE ONLY ONE WHO IS PERFECT IS JESUS!
OK so here are my tips for gaining a good self esteem
1 Beleive in yourself
2 Beleive in a higher Power
3 You have a gift (mine is humor Music and a positive attitude)
4 Do the best you can each day
5 God loves you (remember that!)
6 We all have the gift to make the world a better Place!
7 God doesn't make Junk(so you are beautiful in his eyes!!!)

God Cares about your Heart.Some folks beleive fashion ,style are material things are the most impotant.You can be dressed to the nines and still be nasty.Look at hollywood for example.all those stars have fame and fortunes but are they all happy?

Read your bible and take what you read and live it.I know christians who say they are christians but the way they behave makes me wonder.
Dont Judge!
Listening to secular music doesnt make you a bad christian!
Where in the 10 commandmants does it say dont listen to secular music or Don't dance??
Those who Point fingers better look in the Mirror first!
Your too blessed to be stressed..oh but people will try to press your buttons.
When folks try to ruin your day give it up to God in prayer.My Mom gave me this advice often but even for her it wasn't easy.
How did I get this far?
Good Family
Friends
and
Faith
yup.Those 3 elements are the key to my sanity
Family
Friends
and Faith!
I hope these words have been a sorce of inspiration for YOU!
Peace and Love to ALL Readers
Trish

1 comment:

  1. Very touching Trish! My sister also was told she had trouble learning and now she has more education than any of us! (and me and her other sister got straight As but she has gone farther). You keep going and believe in yourself!

    ReplyDelete