Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dunkin Donuts and Yard sales.

I woke up to Maroon 5's "this Love"
I glaces out the window and saw the beatiful blue sky and knew I had to get up.I have my radio /alarm clock set to 93.5 the Point.
Why is it Liz is always getting picked on by Lou?
Those of you who listen to this station know where Im coming from and why does it seem Lou is yelling?
OK so the past 2 years I havent had much luck at garage/yard sales.
Today was going to be differant.
First I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a Bagel and large coffee!Then the yard sale shopping began!!!!
I picked up a few CDs for a $1.00 a pop!
I also bought a portable hand held cassette tape recorder for $5.00!I may keep it for making notes for my blogs on the road.Ill also use it for listening to music at the beach.
20 some odd years ago I had one and attemped to tape live music from it but it didnt turn out well.I think it was a school concert or something.
I checked out each CD I bought for scratches except for the ones I bought from my Friends Knight & KC.I know they take good care of their music.
I founed out today that KC and I were a year apart in high school and she played flute in the Panther Marching Band!
Upon Learning this I gave her a high five.Yeah yeah i know ..with the swine flew around your really not supposed to be doing high fives but hey ya have a better chance of getting hit by a car around these parts!Besides I know KCs a clean girl..like me!
The day was beatiful and many bike riders and walkers were enjoying the day!I found some mad magazines and music related mags in my closet and got a few bucks for them at atomic CDs whiched comtributed to my yard sale purchases!
It may rain momorrow so Serious Spring cleaning is in the game plan.
Reviews of my music Purchases will follow soon.Also a new playlist and mix will follow.
Check back again soon for more cool music news,travels etc etc!
Peace and Love
Trish

1 comment:

  1. I usually hit the book section at most garage sales, but you are right, they are usually full of treasures for the trained eye! Congrats on your purchases...

    ReplyDelete