Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Radioactive Mix

I was cleaning out my hallway closet today and found a few cassette tapes on the floor.I have 2 sheves of old cassette mixes I made in the late 1980s,-2003.Many People need to have a reason to make a mix like engagements,love songs and break up songs.For me I want the music to lift me up.I have enough stuff to remind me of bad times so I never did a break up mix.Oh sure I made mixes at the time I broke up with boys but that music is what helped heal the heartache so I never made heartache a subject.Oh heck im rambling.
Well anyways heres a mixtape I found that I made in 1986.
Creation Date Jan 27,28 1986
Source:a Maxell XL II 90 minute high Bias cassette
SIDE ONE
RADIOACTIVE-KRAFTWERK
HAVANA MOON-CHUCK BERRY
SCATTERLINGS OF AFRICA-JOHNNY CLEGG &SAVUKA
HOOCHIE COOCHIE MAN-STEPPENWOLF
GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME-PETER SELLERS&SOPHIA LOREN
DRY BONES-THE DELTA RHYTHEM BOYS
SOUL FIRE-LEE PERRY
AT LAST- ETTA JAMES
POCKET CALCULATOR-KRAFTWERK
STARDUST-ROB WASSERMAN WITH AARON NEVILLE
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK-MECO
FUNKY TOWN-LIPPS INC
SIDE 2
THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
BOOGIE NIGHTS-HEATWAVE
MOTHERS DAUGHTER-SANTANA
BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON-LOU CHRISTIE
CRY BABY CRY-THE BEATLES
TANGERINE-HERB ALBERT
EMOTION-SAMANTHA SONG
I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU-KISS
THE ROBOTS-KRAFTWERK
THE SHADOW OF YOUR SMILE-HERB ALBERT
ALL MY TRIALS-HARRY BELAFONTE

I USED RECORDS,PRERECORDED CASSETTES AND YES MEDIAM SIZED(AT THE TIME) COLLECTION OF CDs.I was starting to discover reggae and world music around this time while staying true to my rock n roll faves and songs I grew up on(happy belafonte and Herb Albert.My editing skills were spot on doing this mixtape.
What was the reason for this mix.
All I need to make a mix is a cool batch of songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment