Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good eats and beats

I went to the 34th Annual Seafood Festival Yesterday.Ive been going to it for about 20 years.
I park my bike behind Corona Plaza to a secure post and fetch some fishn chips.I found a empty table but there was n't any chairs but I didn't mind standing.An acoustic Duo was playing.I kind gentleman walked up to me with a folded chair in hand.I smiled and thanked him.I don't know if he was a worked or a co participant but that was kind of him.
my next stop was the tiki bar where I had a beer and listened to Dr cheeko for a set.They are always fun to listen to.I think I've been going to see them for about 20 years too.perhaps a tad less!
About 2:30 I them headed back to the festival to catch the Sherman Brothers band play.They had a guest singer Alaina Maione join them.Good voice!Before they came on though there was a great jazz band playing.Theres nothing like a live big band and they did an awsome job of "In the Mood".
After the Sherman brother got finished I headed home but first I stopped at the beach house.Eric was assisting a customer and Derek was putting new shirts on hangers.I chatted with Derek andin glancing around I eyeballed his business card.After eric got finished with the customer we chatted.
Next week is the Surfboard swap and they want me to make some mixes for it.Tonight I will start on that special assgnment.Derek give me permission to use go on his website and use his pictures as long as I give him credits.I'm on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment