Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flashback attack

Today a few teachers asked me if we had paper.Alica put in the order 2 days ago and it wasn't there yet we used to order it from Bordens but now order it from Staples for savings.
Our basic skills teacher Diane and I have been there the longest.I said to her remember when we used to get 20 cases and they would last all year?Yep she said.
Back in the late 80s when I started in the office We ordered our supplies from a company called Hammett
We would Order Paper for the whole year.20 cases of Paper went into the bioler room and it pretty much lasted all year.
Shortly after working in the office Jill got an Apple IIe computer.It came with floppy discs.She still used her Big Corona Selectric typewriter too that was about 50 pounds.
Her Monitor of the apple IIe was about 13 inches.One day when our boss was out and things were slow she opened up a blank page and told me to write someone a letter.I didnt know anything about computers."What if I hit the wrong button and delete everything".I asked her.Nope it wont happen go just type a letter.She relplied.Reluctantly I did.I think I typed my aunt Joan a letter.When she came back from lunch she told me how to correct type ohs.This was before we got hooked up to the internet.that happened 10 years later.
Our paper order came right after lunch,right as I snuck into the boiler room for a quick cup of coffee.I filled the printers,fax Machine and copier much my fellow staff members delight.
Today after work I delivered 5 Christmas mixes to All saints Church.A little contribution to their Christmas bizzare.The garage door wouldnt open all the way so instead of risking breaking the garage and MY BACK I decided to walk.Sheila was sitting in the newly renovated office.She showed me around.Its looks great.The pastors office has a view of scow ditch.
She said last years the christmas mixes were a hit.A few days ago I reworked the playlist and renamed it a joyful Christmas.I think they'll like a swingy Jazzy Christmas though.
After Sheila got done with some paper work and a phone call she drove me home.She gave me a few brownies saying that I already walked off the calories so enjoy.
Now its time for a brownie and a cup of Tea!Mmm.Chocolate!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this.Time has made a change in the way things go around your office trish.Thanks for being here.I can post all my original spoken word poetry on my blog.Thanks for your comment trish.I love chocolate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of ironic that in today's electronic world we use more paper, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete